[WADAH MEDIA STATEMENT]
ISOLATING QATAR ONLY CREATES FURTHER DIVISIONS AMONG MUSLIMS
We in WADAH (the Society for The Enlightenment of The Ummah Malaysia), hereby express our deep concern about the diplomatic rift in the Gulf region. We strongly urge all parties involved to undertake all efforts in this holy month of Ramadan to achieve reconciliation as this would help serve the interests of not only the people of the region but also the Muslim ummah.
1. The Saudi Arabia-led diplomatic isolation of Qatar would only risk opening up the worst rift in the Arab world and among Muslims all over the world.
2. All efforts should be mobilised to liberate Palestine from the Israeli occupation, and the struggle of Hamas must be fully supported. The decision to keep Hamas on a list of terrorist organisations is Israel's strategy to cripple any effort to liberate the land of Palestine.
3. The decision to include the Muslim Brotherhood in the list of terrorist groups is an act that only benefits the Israeli interests. The Muslim Brotherhood, on the contrary, has contributed in the continuous struggle toward liberating Palestine and restoring the rights of the Palestinian people.
4. More regrettable is the decision to include Sheikh Yusuf Al Qaradawi as a terrorist, while in contrast he has a rich legacy for integrating the Muslims world and fought against extremist views. This decision is more beneficial for Israel and the opponents of Islam.
5. Thus, the efforts by the governments of Turkey and Kuwait to seek peace through negotiation is natural and must be supported by the Organization of Islamic Countries (OIC)
6. Islamic countries should not intervene to support the boycott of Qatar. The charges against the government are dubious in all respects.
7. Ramadan is a month of humility, charity and peace. All parties involved should be more humble and realise that this is the month of forgiveness, of brotherhood, and of bridging the ukhuwwah, and not the month of enmity, hate and hostility.
AHMAD AZAM AB RAHMAN
President of WADAH
9 June 2017/
14 Ramadan 1438H